Archive for the ‘Hair Care’ Category
For best hair moisturization we recommend the L.O.C. (Liquid, Oil, and Cream) Method:
1) First Liquid (any of our daily leave in conditioners),
2) Then Oil/Hair Grease(our Lovely Hair Oil Treat or Glorioius Hair Treat),
3) Finally our Moisturizing Hair Cream or Lotion.
So Why the L.O.C method?
The Liquid helps to moisturize your hair while the Oil seals in the moisture. The Cream then helps to provide an extra coating and barrier to your hair. Don’t forget to moisturize your ends.
Before I discovered the L.O.C. method, I used the L.O. (Liquid then Oil) or the L.C.O (Liquid, Cream then Oil) methods which kept my hair moisturized for part of the day but did not get to the level of moisturization that I have gained with the L.O.C. method.
Try the L.O.C. method today to get your best moisturized hair!
Enjoy! Synofia Naturals
” A Treat a day keeps the Dryness away!”
Here are 7 Healthy Daily Treats for your hair!
1) Water is your Friend. When you blow dry, press, or flat iron your hair you are usually advised to not wet your hair as your hair style will not last as long. The opposite is true for natural hair. You need to use water, daily, to keep your hair moisturized. The best products to use are those that have water listed in the top three ingredients. Synofia Naturals Leave in conditioners: Hydrating Hair Treat and Hair Milk Treat are great for moisturization of your hair and are light enough for daily use. They also contain oils which will help to seal the moisture in your hair.
2) Seal the ends of your hair to maintain moisture. After moisturizing your hair with a water based cream or other product make sure to keep the moisture in your hair by sealing your ends. You do not need a lot but you can use a small amount of an oil-based or butter-based products to apply to your hair end. Synofia Naturals Glorious Hair treat, Lovely Hair Treat and Moisturizing Hair Cream are great for sealing in your hair’s moisture.
Glorious Hair Treat is mainly used as a styler and sealant as it does not contain water. It provides shine to your hair as well as seals in your hair’s moisture.
The Moisturizing Hair Cream can be used as a moisturizer and sealant as it contains water as well as oils to keep hair healthy.
3) Condition, Condition, Condition! I can’t say it enough. Condition, Condition, Condition! All hair types need conditioner to restore moisture, especially individuals with curly, wavy and tightly coiled curls.With straight hair, hair creams and oils easily flow down the hair strand and appears shiny while for curly hair and coils, the hair product has to maneuver around each wave or curl and sometimes does not get to the end of the curl and results in curls looking dull and dry. Conditioning hair combats dry, dull hair and helps to retain moisture and shine.
Using a Daily Leave in Conditioner such as our Hydrating Hair Treat or Hair Milk Treat as well as any of our products will keep your hair moisturized and sealed to create beautiful, shiny, glorious hair! Deep Conditioning hair once or twice a month is also essential to keeping your hair moisturized. You can deep condition more frequently if you like but usually no more than once a week.
Some naturals co-wash (i.e. condition wash) hair to combat dryness associated with shampoos that can strip hair especially shampoos that contain sulfates ( aka Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfates/SLES). Sulfates are what makes your shampoo and soaps create such big bubbles.
Other naturals instead use Sulfate Free Shampoos that have less stripping and drying effect on the hair and also less suds. Despite less suds, your hair still gets clean and retains more moisture.
Synofia Naturals Sulfate Free Shampoos and Moisturizing Conditioners will be coming soon!
4) Stay away from products that make your hair dry. The most common dry hair offenders are: Mineral oil, Petroleum, Parabens, Silicones and Sulfates. These products initially coat the hair to make it look shiny and then build up and results in dry hair, itchy scalp and hair breakage. To fully get rid of this build up one would have to use a Sulfate Shampoo which will contribute to more dry, brittle hair.
Some curly and wavy hair naturals’ hair thrive on silicones while others do not. In general it is a good idea to not use these common dry hair offenders as it may eventually cause hair breakage.
Synofia Naturals products uses only the best natural and organic products and do not contain any artificial colors, mineral oils, parabens, petroleum, silicones or sulfates!
5) Get rid of the cotton and polyester Scarfs and Bonnets! Cotton, polyester and other synthetic scarfs makes your hair dry and more prone to breakage. Instead use a Satin or Silk scarf or bonnet which will not only keep the moisture in your hair but will also give you a nice sleek style after applying hair products. If you do not like scarfs or bonnets, invest in a silk or satin pillowcase.
ONE EXCEPTION: After washing your hair, it is best to use a white cotton T-shirt to dry hair instead of a towel as a towel will cause hair to frizz a lot while a T-shirt will not.
6) Exercise and Drink plenty of water. Water not only is great for moisturizing your hair but it keeps the body well hydrated and helps to flush out toxins in your body which results in healthier looking skin and hair.
Exercise stimulates blood flow throughout the body that helps with hair growth and shiny, healthy skin as well as some well needed stress relief.
7) Eat Healthy and Take your Vitamins. What you put on your hair is just as important as what you put in your body for good scalp and hair health. Multivitamins (MVI) are important because a lot of people do not eat a very well-rounded daily diet. Multivitamins (MVI) help to fill in the gaps for the nutrients that your body needs. When choosing a MVI make sure it includes Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B and Folic Acid. Additional vitamins you can take to help promote scalp health and hair growth are Biotin and MSM Sulfur tablets.
CAUTION: Please consult your Physician prior to starting a new Exercise regimen, taking a Multivitamin, Biotin or MSM Sulfur supplement.